Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anti-Eowyn

Hello everybody!! You don't have to tell me, I KNOW I've been behind on my blog! But things have been super busy, so I have not had many chances. Okay, I'll get to the point of post(i like the sound of that) a while ago, Awel Prince(the person who made my awesome banner;), asked me if I was Anti-Eowyn. And to tell you the truth, I don't think I am(though my sister sure is) but I've never really given it much thought.

You see, I have ALWAYS been a fan of elves. And I look at the race of men, and I'm like okay, their cool, but they just don't compare(in my eyes that is). What I'd like to say is...I don't HATE Eowyn, but I don't really like her either(if that makes sense), because I do see Eowyn as a feminist, and she did sneak out to war, just to prove that she could do anything a man could do. BUT I do feel for her at times, she was lonely, and wanted someone, so she gave herself away. Unlike Arwen, who waited for like..3,000 years!


I love what Liv Tyler says about Arwen, something like "You don't have to put a sword in her hand, to show that she's strong!" And that's exactly how I feel! I believe Arwen has a more powerful strength then Eowyn did, and that she didn't feel like she had to prove it. Just my opinion guess though!

Hope I made at least a little sense!

6 comments:

Keykeeper said...

Makes sense to me. :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds about right, but the elf-lord Glorfindel prophecied that no man could slay the Witchking. If she didn't do it, who would?

Keykeeper said...

Earwen,

Is Glorfindel infallible?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Elven-daughter, that's practically my stance on Eowyn too! ;) Thanks for following me! ;)
Awel

Anonymous said...

I awarded you on my blog! ;)

Awel

halestone said...

this is reandom, but my elf name is Calloniel.